The Byrne Creek Community Room is a place for parents, families and community members to meet and interact. Free coffee and tea, computer use, internet access and printing are available for parents during regular school hours. Toys, books and a small play area are also available for small children.
The Community Room is also home to a variety of community services:
- All students are eligible for the Breakfast Club. Students need only go to room B101 between 8 and 8:30 a.m. to have breakfast.
- There is a lunch program available at Byrne Creek as well. Please contact your school councillor or the community school coordinator if you would like to apply for your child to be on the lunch program.
- We have emergency food supplies and school supplies for newcomers are all available for families in need.
- A clothing exchange is also offered by the Community Room. There is no charge for any item. If you have clean clothing or gently used household items to donate, please talk to the coordinator or office assistant before dropping them off.
- We distribute Coats for Kids and Boots for Kids thanks to the Burnaby Rotary Club!
PAC/Community Council Meetings
PAC meetings are held each month 7 until 9 PM.
Byrne Creek’s next PAC meetings will be September 12, 2015 from 7 p.m. until 9p.m. in the library. Child care is provided if parents make a request one week ahead of time. This meeting will be about Graduation Transitions. Students and parents with children grades 10-12 will be particularly interested in attending this PAC.