The Byrne Creek Community Room is a place for parents, families and community members to meet and interact. Free coffee and tea, computer use, internet access and printing are available for parents during regular school hours. Toys, books and a small play area are also available for small children.
The Community Room is also home to a variety of community services:
- All students are eligible for the Breakfast Club. Students need only go to room B101 between 8 and 8:30 a.m. to have breakfast.
- There is a lunch program available at Byrne Creek as well. Please contact your school councillor or the community school coordinator if you would like to apply for your child to be on the lunch program.
- We have emergency food supplies and school supplies for newcomers are all available for families in need.
- A clothing exchange is also offered by the Community Room. There is no charge for any item. If you have clean clothing or gently used household items to donate, please talk to the coordinator or office assistant before dropping them off.
- We distribute Coats for Kids and Boots for Kids thanks to the Burnaby Rotary Club!
PAC meetings are held each month 7 until 9 PM.
Byrne Creek’s next PAC meetings will be January 13, 2014 from 7 p.m. until 9p.m. in the library. Child care is provided if parents make a request one week ahead of time. This meeting will be about Graduation Transitions. Students and parents with children grades 10-12 will be particularly interested in attending this PAC.
Every third Friday of the month we hold a Parent Lunch to connect with parents and help build programs and partnerships. Our next Parent Lunch will be in the new school year January 17, 2014 from 11a.m. until 1p.m. in the Community Room.
The District Community School Advisory Committee (DAC) meetings for the 2013-2014 school year are:
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at Byrne Creek Secondary School
Thursday, January 23, 2014 at Stoney Creek Community School
Friday, February 28, 2014 at Second Street Community School
Friday, April 25, 2014 at Lochdale Community School
All meetings are from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.